Friday, June 27, 2008

Cicely, PA

So some good news... the two pups I had in my sidebar for a while, Charley and Gabriel, both found good homes. They were two of the best dogs I've had the pleasure of meeting, and their adoptions are bittersweet. I guess one of the really great parts about my job is getting the opportunity to get to know some really awesome animals. I get to be a part of their lives for at least a little while, and that's pretty great. So now that spot belongs to Chip, the most tolerant and affectionate cat I think I've ever met. Check him out.

In knitting news, I've been doing a lot of it. I have more WIPs than I've had in a while. I finished this sock the other day:

It's a Diagonal Rib sock by Ann Budd in Shibui Sock Yarn colorway Peacock. I acquired a bunch of new yarn from Webs as a sort of birthday gift to myself and this is the first one I've used. It was really nice to work with, although it did turn my needles a little green. In addition I've acquired:

Ready to start some more socks... I've also started some plain stockinette socks in Noro Silk Garden Lite, a surprise cowl, and a Shetland Triangle in Malabrigo Lace Weight. Busy little beaver over here.

So, what is allowing for all this knitting, you ask?

Yep. That's Marilyn and Maggie knitknitknittin away at a wrestling match between Holling Vincoeur and Officer Semanski. And that's me watchwatchwatchin a whole heck of a lot the past few days. My Jeffrey got me the entire Northern Exposure Series in a spiffy Sherpa satchel for my birthday and I've been enjoying the hell out of it. If you've ever been a fan, I suggest revisiting it.

No comments: